The name's Mari. Mari Pfeiffer.I love to write. I love to design websites. And I love running my own business.
What I know is true:
I think your website should be no different from the real you in person: interesting, unique and deeply passionate about making a difference. Building a new site is a complex job, but it isn’t impossible. And when you approach it with the same zeal that you have for your business, the result is most often one that reflects that spirit. When what I create fills people with delight and makes them want to share it with everyone they know, then I’ve accomplished something remarkable.
I’m a writer.
I make a living telling stories. I find out what excites people and why on earth they’re doing what they’re doing. No matter what I’m writing, I’m always surrounded by interesting people. There’s never a dull moment.
I’m a web designer.
I design sites that are simple, elegant and where the content is the center of attention. Whether you need a brochure site, an eCommerce solution or a redesign, my approach is always the same: it’s about you and who you’re trying to reach. The layout, colors, fonts, features – these should all be a genuine reflection of who you are, what you believe, and how you feel about your ideal customers.
Shall we work together? Contact me to schedule a consultation.
My inspiration comes from a variety of places.
Some more fascinating facts about moi:
- I was born in Tokyo, Japan. My mother is Japanese. My father, a U.S. Diplomat, was a Brooklyn native who never recovered from the Dodgers’ move to Los Angeles.
- I grew up in France and Switzerland before returning to the United States. When we moved back to the U.S. I was stunned at the massiveness of American supermarkets.
- My father nicknamed me “mischief mari,” because I was always poking my nose in business where it didn’t belong. Naturally I became a reporter.
- I started my career in journalism at Dow Jones & Co., first in New York, then in Tokyo, followed by a couple of years as a producer-reporter with CNBC Asia.
- I took a sabbatical from journalism in 1997 to pursue a master’s degree in screenwriting, and launched my freelance career in 2000. I’ve been published in Vogue and the Wall Street Journal. Yay for me.
- I hold a Bachelor’s in U.S. History from Barnard College, and a Master of Fine Arts in Screenwriting from the American Film Institute.
- I’m originally from Washington, D.C. I currently live in Altadena, California.
- I’m fairly fluent in French and Japanese.
- I’m married to a cinematographer. He shoots films and commercials. He’s from Norway. He has a funny accent.
- I’m a mom, too. These days I’m known more as Mimi’s Mom than Mari.
- I was very lucky to have a beautiful dog, Nunuk, a Malamute-Shepherd mix, in my life. I miss him everyday.
- I love to bake and decorate cookies. I even wrote a book about this crazy hobby gone wild called the coolest cookies on the planet.
- I love e.e. cummings. I think “The Wire” is the best TV series ever. I love Charlotte Bronte.
I’m very grateful that you have read this far.
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, let me know!