The name's Mari. Mari Pfeiffer.
I’m all about powerful terrific copywriting, beautiful website design and powerful content strategy that helps expert advisors – elite sports coaches, life coaches and financial advisors – reach more of their target audience, connect with them and convert them into loyal customers.
Hi! I’m Mari Pfeiffer, Writer and Website Designer.
…that when you have a website that you love, it makes all the difference in your business, and marketing yourself becomes enjoyable. It’s easier to talk about your business when you can direct people to a website that authentically represents you, where your copy states genuinely how you solve people’s problems and includes easy ways for them to buy from you or hire you.
Building a new site is a complex job, but it isn’t impossible. And when you approach it with the same zeal that you have for your business, the result is most often one that reflects that spirit. With every project, my mission is to create a website that helps you connect with the people who most need what you offer, and helps your business grow.
Whether you’re a baseball coach helping college players reach the pros, a financial advisor helping millennials build a personalized ﬁnancial game plan, or a life coach who helps people create the life they want, you deserve a website that tells the world what you do and how you make a difference in the lives of the people you serve. You deserve a website that does the talking – the marketing! – and lets you focus more on your work, too.
Shall we work together? Contact me to schedule a consultation.
My inspiration comes from a variety of places.
Some more fascinating facts about moi:
- I was born in Tokyo, Japan. My mother is Japanese. My father, a U.S. Diplomat, was a Brooklyn native who never recovered from the Dodgers’ move to Los Angeles.
- I grew up in France and Switzerland before returning to the United States. When we moved back to the U.S. I was stunned at the massiveness of American supermarkets.
- My father nicknamed me “mischief mari,” because I was always poking my nose in business where it didn’t belong. Naturally I became a reporter.
- I hold a Bachelor’s in U.S. History from Barnard College, and a Master of Fine Arts in Screenwriting from the American Film Institute.
- I started my career in journalism at Dow Jones & Co., first in New York, then in Tokyo, followed by a couple of years as a producer-reporter with CNBC Asia.
- I took a sabbatical from journalism in 1997 to pursue a master’s degree in screenwriting, and launched my freelance career in 2000. I’ve been published in Vogue and the Wall Street Journal. Yay for me.
- Not long after I launched my website for my freelance writing business, people liked my design so much they asked me if I would design their business websites. I said, “Sure.”
- I learned how to code as fast as I could. I studied Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other design programs like a speed demon. I never enjoyed studying so much in my life.
- In 2011, I launched my combined writing and website design business.
- I’m originally from Washington, D.C. I currently live in Altadena, California.
- I’m fairly fluent in French and Japanese.
- I’m married to a cinematographer. He shoots films and commercials. He’s from Norway. He has a funny accent.
- I’m a mom, too. These days I’m known more as Mimi’s Mom than Mari.
- I was very lucky to have a beautiful dog, Nunuk, a Malamute-Shepherd mix, in my life. I miss him everyday.
- I love to bake and decorate cookies. I published a book about this hobby gone wild called the coolest cookies on the planet.
- I love e.e. cummings. I think “The Wire” is the best TV series ever. I love Charlotte Bronte.
I’m very grateful that you have read this far.
Anyway. Enough about me. How about you? Shall we work together?
Let’s connect. We can schedule a free 15-minute consultation. And while I have you here, learn more about my design packages on my Services & Specialties page, read about writing & design on my blog, and sign up for my monthly newsletter so you’ll be the first to know about upcoming webinars, special offers new blog posts and videos.