The name's Mari. Mari Pfeiffer.
I’m all about terrific copywriting, beautiful website design and powerful content strategy that helps expert advisors, coaches and consultants reach more of their target audience and convert them into loyal customers.
I believe that when you have a website that you love, it makes all the difference in your business.
I love to create gorgeous websites. But more than that, I love to create effective websites. Sites that help my clients attract more of the people they want to serve, and helps them convert visitors them into loyal customers.
No matter what business you run, it’s vital that you’re able to point people to a website that:
- helps people understand what your business is about
- tells people clearly how you solve their problems
- make it easy for visitors to buy from you or hire you.
When you can direct prospects to your site with confidence, it makes marketing yourself much easier. And even fun!
What I love about my work:
All of my clients are doing important, meaningful work. The elite sports coaches I work with are helping young, hopeful and immensely talented athletes improve their skills, mental sharpness and overall confidence so that they can become top collegiate or professional players. The life coaches I work with help their clients overcome creative blocks or get through difficult life challenges so that they can live happily. And financial advisors fascinate me because they thoughtfully explain complex ideas to their clients and help them achieve peace of mind.
Honestly, it’s hard not to be inspired by these people! They’re all passionate about their work and they’re all on a mission to provide the highest quality advice and service to their clients. Their zeal for what they do is infectious. I love being a part of their success.
My story. In just a few words…
My first professional website was a tiny little site that I created using a free template, and I think it had just three pages. At the time, I was a freelance writer – copywriter, reporter and creative writer. My site was where prospective clients and editors could view my portfolio, read over my resume, and decide whether to hire me. Which, thankfully, they often did.
Eventually, I refreshed and updated the site. I optimized it better for search engines, and added more content, including some videos that gave people a clear picture of who I am and how I work. It was a simple yet attractive site, and I loved pointing people to it.
Suddenly, I started fielding requests for design services. Which I wasn’t even offering! But more than five people inquired within the first three months of launching my new site. At that point, I figured, why not do both?
And that’s how my life as a writer and a website designer took off!
Shall we work together? Contact me to schedule a consultation.
My inspiration comes from a variety of places.
Warning: The account for maripfeiffer needs to be reconnected.
Due to Instagram platform changes on March 2, 2020, this Instagram account needs to be reconnected to allow the feed to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page
Some more fascinating facts about moi:
- I was born in Tokyo, Japan. My mother is Japanese. My father, a U.S. Diplomat, was a Brooklyn native who never recovered from the Dodgers’ move to Los Angeles.
- I grew up in France and Switzerland before returning to the United States. When we moved back to the U.S. I was stunned at the massiveness of American supermarkets.
- My father nicknamed me “mischief mari,” because I was always poking my nose in business where it didn’t belong. Naturally I became a reporter.
- I hold a Bachelor’s in U.S. History from Barnard College, and a Master of Fine Arts in Screenwriting from the American Film Institute.
- I started my career in journalism at Dow Jones & Co., first in New York, then in Tokyo, followed by a couple of years as a producer-reporter with CNBC Asia.
- I took a sabbatical from journalism in 1997 to pursue a master’s degree in screenwriting, and launched my freelance career in 2000. I’ve been published in Vogue and the Wall Street Journal. Yay for me.
- Not long after I launched my website for my freelance writing business, people liked my design so much they asked me if I would design their business websites. I said, “Sure.”
- To deepen and enhance my design skills, I studied Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other design programs like a speed demon. I never enjoyed studying so much in my life.
- In 2011, I launched my combined writing and website design business.
- I’m originally from Washington, D.C. I currently live in Altadena, California.
- I’m fairly fluent in French and Japanese.
- I’m married to a cinematographer. He shoots films and commercials. He’s from Norway. He has a funny accent.
- I’m a mom, too. These days I’m known more as Mimi’s Mom than Mari.
- I was very lucky to have a beautiful dog, Nunuk, a Malamute-Shepherd mix, in my life. I miss him everyday.
- I love to bake and decorate cookies. I published a book about this hobby gone wild called the coolest cookies on the planet.
- I love e.e. cummings. I think “The Wire” is the best TV series ever. I love Charlotte Bronte.
I’m very grateful that you have read this far.
Anyway. Enough about me. How about you? Shall we work together?
Let’s connect. We can schedule a free 15-minute consultation. And while I have you here, learn more about my design packages on my Services & Specialties page, read about writing & design on my blog, and sign up for my monthly newsletter so you’ll be the first to know about upcoming webinars, special offers new blog posts and videos.